Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dancing with Enoki

Having a superb dinner, then get to sit down and chit chat with the master chef who had prepared the food for you is really awesome. It is a real dream come true for us, something you don’t get to do often. This opportunity we had when we visited and dine at Opulent Court, Pearl International Hotel recently. Our food was prepared by Master Chef Low who have been working around the globe such as Amsterdam and London on chinese cuisine and fine dining for nearly 15years and had been a 4years resident chef at Opulent Court.

We kicked off with a few light starters, firstly we got to nibble the salmon thin rolls (hosomakli-zushi) topped with awesomely flying fish roe (yew chi sal mun yue kuen). The taste of rolls were so refine, Sunny just can’t have enough off them. I would say the sushi rice was cooked and seasoned to perfection.

Oh my goodness, next came this black peppered jellyfish top with sliced abalone (hak chew pau see hoi jik). I got to be frank with you that I am a real die hard fan for not the abalone but surprisingly the jellyfish. You may ask me, why? Well, I love to bite into them especially for it’s crunchiness texture. This was done so perfectly, but there were not enough to satisfy myself and my desire but I noticed the abalone had disappeared so fast, must be my other dinner guests.

Next we dished into this lovely deep fried prawn paste wrapped with shredded filo pastry (long see shin har kuen). I have yet to taste such crispy wrapped before and this was done accurately. The prawn paste was very well seasoned indeed but being myself, a greedy idiot, I prefer it with the XXL prawns instead, lol!.

I got to recommend this dish, it was so beautiful done and cooked to such a perfection, lovely and a dish I will not forget! It was enoki mushroom, carrot and celery wrapper with smoke bacon coated with delicious brown sauce (yin yok sow choi huen).

Deep Fried Softcrab with salad cream (sa lut thai sek yuen hai) was delicious and crispy. The softcrab was well seasoned and fried to perfection. I can just eat the whole softcrab by itself! So amazing!

What we had for our main? Well, let me tell you this . . . , we had two huge thick slices of cod fish. As far as I can remember, I always had cod fish for dinner and that was when I was staying in Scotland and cod fish was plentiful, I was so lucky to have them as back here, I would considered them expensive and a luxury. Chef Low had our cod fish baked and with honey sauce coating (mut jup ko sut yue). The fish was baked to perfection as I love the crunchiness of the outer layer and with the honey sauce, it was totally perfect.

We had a simple vegetable dish, kai lan topped with deep fried shredded fish fillet (long see kai lan choy). Simple and yet delicious enough to satisfied my hunger.

We also dished into some fried rice top with small anchovies which was good and tasty.

At the end of the meal, Chef Low came to our table to meet us and we had a great chat about food, experience, recipes and something that I will definitely not share with you!

It was a great night out and this is a place I would highly recommend and I am sure you might see me there too!

Promotion:

ALL YOU CAN EAT DIM SUM
Total of 80 types of Dim Sum to feast from.
Adult : RM 27.80++
Senior Citizen : RM 23.80++
Children : RM 16.80++
(minimum 2 persons)

BUFFET DINNER
Starting from 1st April 2008, you can order any of the 38dishes listed from the menu.
Adult : RM 33.80++
Senior Citizen : RM 26.80++
Children : RM 21.80++
(minimum 2 persons)

OPULENT COURT
Pearl International Hotel
1-1-2, Batu 5
Jalan Klang Lama
58000 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
Tel: (603) 7980 9888
Fax: (603) 7980 6888

5 comments:

choi yen said...

hmmm....what so secret until cannot share with us?

Shell (貝殼) said...

the food looks nice^^ will mark this down

ai wei said...

is their all u can eat dim sum buffet a worth to try?!

J2Kfm said...

hmm, 2 of you and ate so much??? realise they garnish most dishes with the purple cabbage type of vege right? the bacon looks yummy

New Kid on the Blog said...

the bacon looks good... i've been wanting to try this... but then, not sure how does it make.