Monday, November 10, 2008

Dim Sum'ing In A Small Town Called Teluk Anson

dimsum1

This is the place where I grow up used to call Teluk Anson and now, Teluk Intan. It is one of the well known small town in Perak. Coming back home I rediscovered this Dim Sum shop called Tuck Kee and looked very modernised Dim Sum shop just like what you can find in the KL.

dimsum2

A well renovated shop to suit the modernisation of time with a wee bit of rustic look, the deco was really one of the pulling factor that I visited this place.

ddimsum3

Look this is a cute steam dim sum trolley to keep the dim sum warm and fresh.

dimsum10


dimsum6


dimsum4

The Loh Mai Kai was incredible good and I end up take away 10 of this and had them deep freeze at home. This is a way to enjoy something at home by reheating them in the microwave oven.

dimsum7

The Har Kau was tasty too, just suited my liking, perfectly done.

dimsum5

Tender and crunchy fish balls! well cooked to perfection.

dimsum8

Oh, I was playing eye with the boa! How can I resist such a lovely fluffy bao and the awesome delicious fillings.

dimsum9

Look I am telling you the truth! just tasted deliciously and I had 10 of them packed for home to be deep freezing. Just love it and to be enjoyed. So if you do drop by Teluk Anson my hometown don't forget to drop by Tuck Kee for Dim Sum and Tuck Kee is located in the town centre . . . yours Sunny Yaw

7 comments:

J2Kfm said...

which part of town? open for lunch ah?

we alwiz had trouble finding food for lunch in T.Intan. It's either Gulam Rasul, or fast food.

Christina Kim said...

It's amazing how time flies and how all the old heritage shops have also turned to the modern calling.
Ahhh, the good and bad of modernization...

This seems like a pretty decent place, and in a little town, are the prices also on par with KL standard?:D

Big Boys Oven said...

j2kfm:
it is situated at the row of shop lot just next to the old cinema which was taken down recent.
There is also this mamak fried chicken which is good just outside the town centre.

christy:
yes the shop looks waesome for a small town. A very decent place for dim sum and the price is much cheaper, the loh mai kai is only RM2.50 if I am not mistken. that is why I bought a lot home to KL for deep freezing!

Simon Seow said...

Wow, old school man, with the trolley and things. Hard to find in KL except i those big restaurant like Kum Lun Tai or Oversea.

choi yen said...

The re-heat loh mai gai taste good as well?

Jason said...

The CSB looks good! Thin skin, thick filling :P

sakaigirl said...

Oh, you are from Anson?! My fiance is from Anson too! We went for this Dim Sum. my sis love it! I'm sure u know the midnight chee cheong fan at the old wooden house. That's my favuorite! A must have whenever i go to Anson with him!