Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hua Nam Coffeeshop, New Town , Ipoh


Hua Nam Coffeeshop in new town ipoh has been around for many years now and still churning lots of delicious hawker food. I am definately one who will never miss visiting this shop for my afternoon tea. I will always go for the "Law Mee" and always make sure the stall serve them in Penang style. "Law Mee" is noodle dish serve in a dark sauce and comes with topping such as shreeded chicken, sliced prawns, deep fried onions and some 'sambal" chilli paste. It is nothing new as you can get this similat dish in Kuala Lumpur and even in Petaling jaya. So what make this particular dish so uniqe? Well, got to say I was introduce to this dish by my cousin Jennie, She taught me how to eat this dish and that makes the dish so unique and so delicious. This stall serve pickle crushed garlic. What you have to do is just add those pickled crushed garlic into your "Law Mee" noodle and mix them into the dish evenly. OMG! now you will be able to taste such a unique taste and flavour of this "Law Mee". A must try if you are in Ipoh!


Another delicious noodle that you can enjoy at this coffeeshop is the Curry Noodle. So delicious and I hardly can describe thwem to you. I think you need to try yourself and from my pictures, they tell! ...lol!






Rojak is also something that need to try here. What makes this rojak dish so delicious...of course is the rojak sauce. I also love the the prawn crackers serve on the rojak. So crunchy and so tasty when eaten with the rojak sauce. And those crushed peanuts toppings really adds the flavour of this rojak. This rojak is really something that i would crave for...... so to say, something to die for.................lol! Same goes with their Sotong dish....you have a try and let me know later!



Hokkien "Har Mee" is also a winner here. A noodle dish that comes with slice pork and shrimps and comes with prawns soup. Lovely!



From Sidney

3 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

Ai yo.... I must visit Ipoh for food liao la!!!!! So many good food here!!!!

Jason said...

I've always spoiled for choices whenever I eat here.

physics explorer said...

Hua Nam is familiar. But where exactly is it in Ipoh? May try the curry mee and law mee.
I doubt the har mee is anything special from the photo. Should be a heavy dose of flavouring that sticks onto one's throat for hours. Quite unlike the simple but authentic one served at Gurney Drive. Right?