Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dine with Pleasure

DSCN5027A

This restaurant CUBES, caught my eyes when I was at Palm Square Jaya One, Petaling Jaya when I was meeting some of my friends over a late night coffee at one of the Kopitiam there. I also noticed there were a few new eatery places mushrooming at this location so I decided to have at try at this restaurant first, a fusion chinese fine dining.


DSCN5030ADSCN5079ADSCN5066A

The setting of this restaurant was very comfortable and atmosphere was very relaxing plus there was also a wine bar, got to say I love my wine too.


DSCN5016A

I always love braised peanuts in soya sauce as there are soft, nutty and fragrant plus not forgetting my hot shrimp chilly.


DSCN5050A

Our first order was the crispy aromatic duck served with soft pancakes. Got to confess that I had not eaten such a dish since I came back from Scotalnd which was about nearly 8 years ago. "Oh! boy" It was one of my favourite dishes and I tried to learn how to make it at home but got to say mine was not as compartible with the chefs. The duck was well cooked till it was fragrant when it was deep fried. The meat was moist and not too dried. The meat was shredded and placed onto the pancake before wrapping, together garnished with deliciously "Hoi Sin" sauce and sliced cucumber plus spring onion.


DSCN5102A

The next tofu dish was authentic awesome. The beancurd tofu itself was infused with cooked greens. The dish was garnished with steamed melon and top with dried scallop and double boiled chicken broth sauce.


DSCN5076A

The dished appeared infront of us was our roasted spare ribs. This dish was so delicious as it came with two different coated sauces, honey glazed and button mushroom in black peppered sauce. Both were very unique and tasted incredible, a thumbs up to the chef's creativeness and also the well balance taste.


DSCN5108A

Next we ordered the Portugese Prawns. I was informed that the dish was influenced by the chef's wife who happened to be from Portugal. The prawns were well battered and crispy while the sauce really complimented the dish well.


DSCN5085A

The last dish that came was a great mixture of stir fried mushrooms. It was delicious and so desirable.

We had a great nite dinning at the CUBES and will defintely be back for . . . crispy aromatic duck, by the way I away wrapped my pduck pancakes with extra hot dried prawn chillies! . . . Sidney


CUBES
18-1, Block L1-1,
Palm Square Jaya One,
No 72A Jalan Universiti,
Petaling Jaya


Open for business daily, from noon to 3pm,5.30pm to 10pm
For Reservations, call 03-79586616

6 comments:

J2Kfm said...

the prawns attracted me the most. fusion chinese food? sounds good. Jaya One is a new area is it not?

Simon Seow said...

Looks tantalizing. Seldom go to that area.

Jason said...

Ergh... I roughly know where is Jalan Universiti lah...

choi yen said...

Jaya 1 is a nice place hunting for food, went to Duck King there b4.

The aromatic duck eat wil Peking Duck style? Wrapping with pancake?

Shell (貝殼) said...

The portugese prawns sounds very interesting..must pay a visit soon^^

Jean said...

The place looks modern and expensive..
Is the food expensive?
I want to try the duck!!!